UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:34 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Advert titles must follow the format: Year - Model - Location - Price. eg. "1999 9-3 SE, Glasgow, £800"

**All posts in this section require individual moderator approval (which they will only get it if they are in line the rules of the forum). Please be patient and allow time for this to happen, and avoid duplicate postings.**

In an effort to reduce the size of the big orange box, full listing of rules for this section have been stickied HERE. If we notice a marked drop off in compliance with the rules the orange box will be restored.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:17 pm 
Active user

Car Model: 9-5 v6 diesel
Light Blue
Light grey leather, 150k. MOT 20th March 2019.

My time as a Saab driver is coming to an end, I need a bigger more economical car so the battle wagon needs to go. Rather than scrap it I thought I would offer it on the forum that has helped me over the years for a similar price.

The car goes, stops, steers fine and is used as my daily drive but it has too many faults to feel comfortable selling to anyone but an enthusiast or as a donor car. Car is currently taxed and can be driven home.

faults:
The main issue is that the fuel pump (or more exactly the solenoids) is on it's way out. If I keep the filter clean and fill it from a specific pump at a specific petrol station, it pulls like a train. Other pumps/stations result in the classic solenoid faults; lack of power, idling jumping to 1000rpm when brake released etc.
Clutch thrust bearing is not great
EGR blanked
anti roll bar bushes worn
ABS triggering occasionally when braking at slow speed
Air con not working (even after regas)
Computer has just started telling me that the anti theft system is failing.

Good stuff:

body work fairly good condition
engine runs sweetly and doesn't use oil
all interior stuff works; windows, heated, vented memory electric seats, and heated rear seat.
5 alloys (4 that match and a full sized spare).
etc
etc

I can add photos tomorrow if required and am happy to answer any questions. I would prefer one of you to have it rather than the local junk yard, but it needs to go soon.

cheers

Frog

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:56 pm 
UKSaabs Trader

Car Model: 9000 AERO, C900T16S, C900i
Pm'd