UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:24 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR NEW TOPIC TITLES
For Workshop questions, please include year, model and a brief description of the issue in the thread title (in order to assist others to assist you),
This forum is not to be used to advertise items for sale or for items wanted, please use the classifieds for such posts.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:00 am 
Active user

Car Model: 1990 Classic 900 Turbo 2 door
Have bitten the bullet and replaced the headlining on my 900 - the usual sagging - followed the excellent step by step guide from paradisesaab. Posting a few tips from my own experience.
1. The card was easily removed through the boot of my 2 door having taken out the parcel shelf [ which I reproduced in plywood as the original was rather tired ] and seat belts.
2. I sealed the cleaned the card with water proof PVA - not too dilute, as I over diluted it first time the card broke across the sunroof and required a fibreglass mend - fortunately you cannot see the join!
3. I used glue from a tin rather than an aerosol - I had read online somewhere this was better - a mistake - easy to put too much glue on the new lining, I have a small patch that has come through.When the glue is still curing it is easy to put finger marks on the lining - I have a few, they can be successfully lifted using a fine needle, less easily when the glue is dry.
4.Do not attempt to glue the back of the sunroof opening to attach the headlining it will be kept in place nicely by the sunroof trim and be very careful where you start cutting the headlining again at the back, I nearly did not leave enough material c----ing the whole thing up!
5. The rear quarter panels were a bit of a pain - leave plenty of material to get around the awkward curve.

All done now - certainly looks better than it was, would I do it again..............?

Gooduck!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:32 am 
UKS Addict

Car Model: 1986 c900 Turbo, VW T5.1
Glad my guide is still being used after all these years ;)