UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:43 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR NEW TOPIC TITLES
For Workshop questions, please include year, model and a brief description of the issue in the thread title (in order to assist others to assist you),
This forum is not to be used to advertise items for sale or for items wanted, please use the classifieds for such posts.

Post subject: 3 Door Turbo - APH 163T.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:19 pm 

Car Model: Jaguar XE
Hello all,

I’m clearing out and have some Saab memorabilia from 70’s/80’s.

However there’s one piece that should really be with this car. If anybody owns it, PM me your details and I’ll pop in the post.

Cheers, Lee.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:38 pm 
Full Pressure Turbo

Car Model: XC70.....
Spencer!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:59 pm 
Active user

Car Model: 99 Turbo 3 dr January 1979
I am definitely intrigued!

Yes i'm the proud owner of APH 163T.

I'll send a PM asap.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:36 pm 
Active user

Car Model: 99 turbo
Unpaid parking tickets ?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:56 am 
Active user

Actually the previous owner did such a great job of maintaining records (how much he spent on wiper blades and petrol in 1980!) that i would not be surprised if a record of parking fines was available somewhere!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:17 pm 

Car Model: Jaguar XE
I’ll clear up the mystery. During 70/80’s we were a family of committed Saab owners, and members of the Saab owners club. One of the editions (80/81) had a comprehensive review by after two years ownership. It was of interest at the time, as my father was looking for a 99 Turbo. Stumbled across it just recently and (sadly) wondered if the car was still alive. So there goes - it’s now on its way to Spencer. Along with the parking tickets :)

Cheers, Lee.

P.S it was by Richard Husband.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:19 pm 
Active user

Rob thanks received and much appreciated. I am lucky to have owned APH 163T for nearly 17 years with a break in the middle. I bought it from Richard, the chap who wrote the article back in 1981 and then sold it because I couldn't store it properly. A friend of mine and UKS member (Nigel) saw it it for sale a few years ago after it had been fully restored. I've managed to garage it ever since. Its in very good condition and I have been slowly working on it to make it as close to perfect as I can, given time constraints.

Much like the rest of us, family, in my case mother and father had a Saab, 'H' reg green 99L and a '77 99GL Combi Coupe (ULJ 347S), followed by a 900 GLs 'A' reg?? I still remember going to Bishops the Taunton Saab dealership and sitting in a 99 GLE Combi and being impressed that it had speakers in the doors! Anyway the 3DR 99T black was the one to have and as said lucky to get APH 163T.

As said its in great shape and that is much to do with the TLC Richard gave it over the years, proven through the receipts for Waxoil. The car hasn't been that visible on the forum or at events but i hope to change that once I make it fully ready. For example I am just getting on top of the interior and lighting electrical niggles that are a fairly easy fix. I've recently acquired some original upholstery to replace the sun damaged rear headrests and original Bosch fog/driving lamps.

The car has a great provenance and the Saab Driver article certainly adds to that.

When I get my act together I'll share more info and pics, in the meantime if anyone wants to know more please post on the forum.

Thanks

Spencer

Attachment:
APH163T.jpg
APH163T.jpg [ 225.18 KiB | Viewed 280 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:46 pm 
Active user

Rob? sorry i meant Lee....

Here are some other pics. Before one of the eagle eyed amongst you says that's not a genuine 99T because it has the badge on the bonnet, "..must be a cut and shut job..." was the comment on the forum when it was last for sale. I think the car had a shunt in about '82 and the only bonnet available must have been from a 90? Anyway since rectified and a replacement, non-badged bonnet has been put back on. As said minor works in progress....

Attachment:
APH163T 2.jpg
APH163T 2.jpg [ 296.93 KiB | Viewed 275 times ]

Attachment:
APH163T 3.jpg
APH163T 3.jpg [ 132.92 KiB | Viewed 275 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:46 pm 
Active user

Rob? sorry i meant Lee....

Here are some other pics. Before one of the eagle eyed amongst you says that's not a genuine 99T because it has the badge on the bonnet, "..must be a cut and shut job..." was the comment on the forum when it was last for sale. I think the car had a shunt in about '82 and the only bonnet available must have been from a 90? Anyway since rectified and a replacement, non-badged bonnet has been put back on. As said minor works in progress....

Attachment:
APH163T 2.jpg

Attachment:
APH163T 3.jpg