UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:47 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

The main Meetings forum is designed for meetings with a firm date and location in mind, and this info should be contained in the thread title.

If you want to gauge interest or ask a more general question, please use the "Provisional/gauging interest" forum.

Once meetings have taken place, threads will be moved to the "past meets" forum rather than the Coffee Bar.

Stickies can be arranged for regular, established, meets with a set calendar of upcoming dates- please pm a mod to discuss.

No drumming up of additional interest by cross posting in other sections please, unless by prior moderator approval

For more info/guidance, please see this post from the forum founder.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:22 pm 
Light Pressure Turbo

Car Model: 78 SAAB 96,/78 MGB/LHD Twingo
This big show (Possibly the biggest in Scotland), takes place over the weekend 8th/9th July, in the grounds of Glamis Castle in Angus.

Last year we had a 10 car stand under the banner of the "East of Scotland SAAB Enthusiasts Club".
They have a cut off set at pre 1980 cars only, for private entries, but if you arrange a club stand, there is no age restriction.

I organised our entry last year, but I have a wedding on that weekend this year, so cannot go this time round.
So, someone else needs to take up the baton!
The cut off date is sometime in May, so there's plenty time......

The links are below.

Andy

http://www.svvc.co.uk/extravaganza/
or E mail lesley@svvc.co.uk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:42 pm 
Light Pressure Turbo

However, I have just been contacted by the organisers.
They have sent me all the application forms, and implied that they want entries in early.

is one of the Scottish contingent wanting to take this task on?
If so, PM me your E mail address, and I'll forward th stuff on to you....

Andy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:55 pm 
Full Pressure Turbo

I don't promise to be any good at it but if no one else wants to then I'll give it a shot! Weather aside, last year was superb.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:14 pm 
Light Pressure Turbo

Lugy
Aye it was grand indeed, I'm gutted that I can't make it this year.

There's nowt to it.
Get interested folk to post on the site, if they want to go.
Get all their E mail addresses, so that you can get real names, cos they have to go down on the form.
You also need details of their cars.
For the club stand we are officially "East of Scotland SAAB Enthusiasts".

Fill the form in with the details of all the people going. You also need to know who wants to camp, and who's only coming for the day on Saturday or Sunday. Send it to Lesley Munro the organiser in plenty of time before the deadline date. They're very strict about the deadline date, though it's usually sometime in May.

Below is a cut and paste, in bold, from the entry form which give the details of what it costs.

Basically £40 quid gets us a stand of 10 cars, if you need more, you need to tell them in advance, and it's £4 per extra car. We had exactly 10 last year if I remember correctly. Camping is extra of course.
You pay all the money up front, and then all the people that entered Pay Pal you. It worked well last year.

A few weeks before the show, you will get all the car passes, that you then have to send out to everyone. You also therefore need everyone's street address. Each pass is referred to a particular vehicle, so send the right ones to the right people, unlike the boo boo I made last year. Though in the end it was no big deal!

Are you still up for it? If so, PM me you E mail address, and I'll send you the forms.

Andy

Entries can be accepted from car clubs at organisers discretion. Vehicles will not be eligible
for concours judging, however an award for best car club display will be awarded.
Site fee will be £40, which will include free weekend passes for 2 adults and 2 children (under
the age of 16) per vehicle, this will allow up to 10 vehicles onto the allotted area. Additional
vehicles will be charged at £4 per vehicle. We ask that you email for verification of a larger
site being available. Any additional persons attending with clubs must purchase weekend
person passes in advance with entry at a cost of £10 each.[/i]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:45 am 
Full Pressure Turbo

Ok folks, lets get this underway.

Those that attended last year will know good this show was last year, even though it was horsing down with rain most of the time - see here for the thread; viewtopic.php?f=52&t=168338. Maybe Barry can organise the weather for us? :lol:

It's the same set up as last year, £40 for a stand suitable for 10 cars, extra cars can be added for £4 each though. Camping has increased to £10 though Glamis are trialling a shower block this time. There's also the option of a regularity run and period dress parade on the Saturday.

The deadline for entries to reach the organisers is the 20th of May, so we need to be sorted out by around the start of May to allow for getting everything in order.

I'll start the list......

2005 - Saab 9-5 - KY05 OBM - Lucas Brown - Camping required - No reg run - No period dress

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:04 pm 
Active user

Car Model: 1972 96 V4
Well volunteered, Lugy !
It was indeed a great show, despite the weather (and the lack of many Saab bits in the auto-jumble).

1. 2005 - Saab 9-5 - KY05 OBM - Lucas Brown - Camping required - No reg run - No period dress
2. 1972 - Saab 96 - UJT 544L - Derek Darnell - No camping - No reg.run - No (intentionally) period dress (probably Sun only - TBC)

A guid New Year to one and all !

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:27 pm 
Light Pressure Turbo

Deggsie
If you want an autojumble, that's TOTALLY 100% Saab, go to the SAAB Festival at the Saab Museum in Trollhattan, weekend 9th to 11th June.
I hope to be there!

Andy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:11 pm 
UKS Addict

Car Model: C900S LPT Vert 1993
[quote="Lugy"]Ok folks, lets get this underway.

Those that attended last year will know good this show was last year, even though it was horsing down with rain most of the time - see here for the thread; http://www.uksaabs.co.uk/UKS/viewtopic. ... 2&t=168338. Maybe Barry can organise the weather for us? :lol:

It's the same set up as last year, £40 for a stand suitable for 10 cars, extra cars can be added for £4 each though. Camping has increased to £10 though Glamis are trialling a shower block this time. There's also the option of a regularity run and period dress parade on the Saturday.

The deadline for entries to reach the organisers is the 20th of May, so we need to be sorted out by around the start of May to allow for getting everything in order.

I'll start the list......[quote="Lugy"]

1) 2005 - Saab 9-5 - KY05 OBM - Lucas Brown - Camping required - No reg run - No period dress
2) 1992 - Saab Convertible LPT - L702 JBE - James Martin- No Camping- No Reg run - No Period Dress

C900S LPT Vert 1993

"We are one, we are SAAB"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:29 pm 
Active user

Car Model: 1972 96 V4
So that's : :roll:

1) 2005 - Saab 9-5 - KY05 OBM - Lucas Brown - Camping required - No reg run - No period dress
2) 1972 - Saab 96 - UJT 544L - Derek Darnell - No camping - No reg.run - No (intentionally) period dress (probably Sun only - TBC)
3) 1992 - Saab Convertible LPT - L702 JBE - James Martin- No Camping- No Reg run - No Period Dress