UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:29 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

The main Meetings forum is designed for meetings with a firm date and location in mind, and this info should be contained in the thread title.

If you want to gauge interest or ask a more general question, please use the "Provisional/gauging interest" forum.

Once meetings have taken place, threads will be moved to the "past meets" forum rather than the Coffee Bar.

Stickies can be arranged for regular, established, meets with a set calendar of upcoming dates- please pm a mod to discuss.

No drumming up of additional interest by cross posting in other sections please, unless by prior moderator approval

For more info/guidance, please see this post from the forum founder.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:02 pm 
UKS Addict

Car Models: 9-3 SE sal 1.9TTiD [180]
I'm aware some UKSaabs members in the past have attended the museum's "How Many Left" event. I just thought I'd post this here lest it should be of interest.

Grampian Transport Museum Sunday 11 October 2020 ~ 10:00a.m. - 3:30pm.

CALLING ALL ENTHUSIASTS! YOU ARE INVITED TO EXHIBIT AT THE MUSEUM MUSTER!
Classic car and motorcycle owners are invited to muster in the museum arena to show their support for the GTM at this difficult time. Covid 19 measures have allowed the museum to re-open part time and with various restrictions but the entire events programme for 2020 had to be cancelled. The ‘MUSTER’ will be the one exception this season and a chance to dust off and show off your vintage or classic vehicle. We plan a simple drive in event where we will park you up with ample spacing to reduce CV19 risks and perhaps to enjoy a picnic lunch!
To enter simply book a normal museum visit online for yourself and your passengers. We will then expect you at the museum arena gate at your chosen arrival time. Arrival times are from 10am to 3.30pm. Please note ALL entries will have to be prebooked….no exceptions, as part of our CV19 control measures. No tickets will be sold on the day.
Once admitted to the arena you can stay as long as you like and of course visit the museum to take in the 2020 exhibition before it is changed this coming Winter. The shop and Traveller’s Rest tea room are open as usual and we have taken all sensible measures to keep you safe.
Bookings will open approx. 3 weeks prior to the date via our website where you will also find the latest information about the MUSEUM MUSTER! Please note tickets will be strictly limited and on a first-come-first-served basis.
The MUSTER will proceed whatever the weather does and we will compensate for any bad weather with an especially warm welcome! Show your vehicle and your support for your museum….we look forwards to seeing you.

NOTE:The link below will take you to the GTM web page which details the online booking system. A link further down that page takes you to the actual booking site.
Grampian Transport Museum Online Booking - New Booking System

Last edited by Ron57RC on Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:38 am 
Light Pressure Turbo

Car Models: 1972 96 V4, 1987 900 T16 Cabrio (LHD)
Thanks Ron, hadn't spotted this, will check the calendar !
All the best to you and Alison

Quick Update - bookings at GTM using the on-line system are only available up to the end of September at present - October dates (inc. 11th) should be available in the next few days.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:12 pm 
Saab Nut

Car Models: SAAB 96/MGB/Classic Twingo/Niss Figaro
Derek/Ron.
I'm up for this!
I just hope the event doesn't get canned, with these new Covid regulations coming in.

E mail me, when they open up bookings for October.

Andy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:16 pm 
UKS Addict

I've updated my original post with a link to the museums online booking information page.
Further down that page is the link to the actual booking site.

At the time of this post it is still only allowing bookings up to the end of September. It does however mention a rolling weekly basis so I'll see what tomorrow brings.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:07 am 
Arkwright.

Car Models: 1984 99GL, 1992 C900 T16, Jaguar XF Sportbrake, FIAT 500 TwinAir
Because this is a ''firm'' show/meet I'm moving it to the ''Meetings and Events'' section.

"Provisional/gauging interest" should only really be used for setting up the foundations of an event/meet when the details are not yet confirmed.

If or once dates are confirmed it should be posted or moved into the ''Meetings and Events'' section.

Quote:
Forum rules

The main Meetings forum is designed for meetings with a firm date and location in mind, and this info should be contained in the thread title.

If you want to gauge interest or ask a more general question, please use the "Provisional/gauging interest" forum.

Once meetings have taken place, threads will be moved to the "past meets" forum rather than the Coffee Bar.

Stickies can be arranged for regular, established, meets with a set calendar of upcoming dates- please pm a mod to discuss.

No drumming up of additional interest by cross posting in other sections please, unless by prior moderator approval

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:52 pm 
Light Pressure Turbo

Bookings now available up to 4th October, so in theory 11th should be 'open' next Sun/Mon. Will try again later in the week.

The event has just been advertised in today's P&J, so likely to be popular and busy.
Let's hope it doesn't go the same way as next weekend's (cancelled) Scottish Torque Show !

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:58 pm 
UKS Addict

Espin99 wrote:
Because this is a ''firm'' show/meet I'm moving it to the ''Meetings and Events'' section.

"Provisional/gauging interest" should only really be used for setting up the foundations of an event/meet when the details are not yet confirmed.

If or once dates are confirmed it should be posted or moved into the ''Meetings and Events'' section.

Quote:
Forum rules

Mal,
My apologies. I had not read through the forum guidance and was acting more upon instinct about where the original information should be posted. When responses appeared limited I considered a course of action to try and garner a wider audience.
Never too old to learn, I now know better and will follow the forum rules more closely in the future.
Kind regards,
Ron.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:59 am 
Arkwright.

Car Models: 1984 99GL, 1992 C900 T16, Jaguar XF Sportbrake, FIAT 500 TwinAir
Hi Ron,

No worries, just thought I'd point you in the right direction :D :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:23 pm 
Saab Nut

Car Models: SAAB 96/MGB/Classic Twingo/Niss Figaro
Bookings now available for 11th of October.
Se link below.
Hope to see some of you there.
I've booked for a 10:30 arrival.

https://gtm.seetickets.com/timeslots/gr ... ort-museum

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:11 pm 
UKS Addict

Car Models: 96 V4, 99, C900, C900 Vert
I am also booked in for 10.30 on 11th October.

Jim

C900S LPT Vert 1993

"We are one, we are SAAB"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:16 pm 
Light Pressure Turbo

I am booked in for 11.00 - it's always a slow start on Sundays !
Look forward to seeing you there.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:01 pm 
UKS Addict

I've booked for a 10:30 arrival.
I am, however, on-call so I'm taking my chances. I may have to scoot at short notice or even may not make it at all.
Here's hoping I get the chance to catch up with the rest of you.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:01 pm 
Light Pressure Turbo

I notice that the slots between 10.30 and 12.30 are pretty booked up now; arrival at 10.00 or after 13.00 still has good availability.
Fingers still crossed that the 'rules' don't change before then !