UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:04 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

The main Meetings forum is designed for meetings with a firm date and location in mind, and this info should be contained in the thread title.

If you want to gauge interest or ask a more general question, please use the "Provisional/gauging interest" forum.

Once meetings have taken place, threads will be moved to the "past meets" forum rather than the Coffee Bar.

Stickies can be arranged for regular, established, meets with a set calendar of upcoming dates- please pm a mod to discuss.

No drumming up of additional interest by cross posting in other sections please, unless by prior moderator approval

For more info/guidance, please see this post from the forum founder.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:40 pm 
Light Pressure Turbo

Car Model: 9-5 wagon
No real need to cancel it really as you're just as likely to catch Convid-19 at work, down the pub, on a bus or just walking round any town centre, be more concerned if it was the November show which is significantly busier, the Resto show by comparison is usually a quiet affair

C900 2 door '86

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:31 pm 
Site Admin

Car Model: Most of them!
I agree with the above thoughts! The NEC made a statement on social media today saying it is still on, but stating it will go ahead unless the government say no. If I am in the country, I will be going for a weekend in Brum anyway as my booking is non refundable as well. We can have our own gathering! :lol:

To show impossible it is to plan, yesterday I got the call to go to Norway to beat an impending change on travel so I could join the boat to sail on Sunday. Booked flight and hotel. Just as I was leaving for the airport this morning, I got a call saying Norway had already basically closed its borders. Anyone who has been outside the Nordic region since the 27th Feb would be subject to a compuloray quarantine of 14 days, so I would have been in quarantine still when the boat returned!

The loss of wages etc makes the hotel bill for the NEC look like loose change! Still, we will see what happens.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:16 am 
Site Admin

Car Model: Most of them!
I have just this minute received the following from the NEC

Important information regarding the show
It is with great sadness that Clarion Events has decided to postpone the Practical Classics Classic Car & Restoration Show with Discovery.

The event team have been continually monitoring the latest public health and government guidelines regarding the evolving COVID-19 situation and acting in accordance with their advice.

The safety and wellbeing of our visitors, exhibitors, partners, contractors and staff is the most important factor and therefore the only action for all involved is to postpone.

We are working with the NEC to find suitable options to reschedule the Practical Classics Classic Car & Restoration Show with Discovery, please bear with us as we work to secure a new date line.

All sponsor, exhibitor and car club stand bookings will automatically transfer to the rescheduled date. We will be in touch with everyone involved, as soon as we can, once we have confirmed arrangements with the venue.

We are truly sorry that we have had to make this extremely difficult decision and thank you all for your patience, understanding and support in this unprecedented situation.

Classic Car Auctions will be running their auction at the Warwickshire Event Centre. Please visit www.classiccarauctions.co.uk for further details, including how to view and bid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:17 pm 
Shotgun

Car Model: 95 Aero Auto Est Stg 1 Noobed
IMPORTANT UPDATE ON HOTEL BOOKINGS!!!!

For all those that have booked a non-refundable/fixed booking at Travelodge, they are allowing you to defer your booking to a future date.

https://www.travelodge.co.uk/

It may cost a little bit more, given the offers that you may have booked with are not yet available, but..... The PC CC&R Show is already confirmed for 2021 as 26th-28th March.

Given that it is uncertain when this year's show will be happening, and unlikely to be announced before the actual intended event, I suggest you all rebook for next year now.

At least we'll have more money in our pockets for the evening meals (Curry on Saturday!!!) and bar bills this time next year :wink: :mrgreen: :lol:

den bara markerar sitt territorium

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:04 pm 
Shotgun

Car Model: 95 Aero Auto Est Stg 1 Noobed
Hmmm, It seems you can't defer your booking for any more than 11mths???

Time to use the call centre number? :wall: :wall:

den bara markerar sitt territorium

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:23 pm 
Saab Nut

Car Model: SAAB 96/MGB/Twingo/Niss Figaro
I have just received an E mail telling me that the show has been re-scheduled for the 7th to 9th of August.
Also heard this morning that the NEC may get turned into a temporary hospital....

Update. I've just booked 3 night at the Premier Inn beside New St Station, £137 for 3 nights. (Cancellation possible up to arrival day)
Let's hope life is getting back to normal by early August

Andy

Last edited by The Troll on Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:54 pm 
UKS Encyclopædia G-M

Car Model: 9-5 Aero est. 9-3 Carlsson
If life is back to normal by then, I will either be at SaabInt2020 in Denmark or at a rearranged wedding ceremony...

Grandson's wedding at the end of May has been provisionally rescheduled for August, but to get through the backlog the venue have said that the new dates will be on a take it or leave it basis. Otherwise they will need to rebook from scratch.

Everything will be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not the end...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:38 pm 
Light Pressure Turbo

I am also booked to go to INT2020 which has not been cancelled yet.
I can still see the INT not happening and the NEC becoming a hospital
so I think I will give it a few months before deciding if Sonny will appear.
Pete

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:40 am 
Arkwright.

Car Model: 99GL, C900 + XF & Fiat 500
I very much doubt matters will have calmed down sufficiently by those dates, but if it has I will not be able to attend.

I currently have a pre-planned work commitment in Portsmouth in the week leading up to that weekend, then a week in Krakow booked for the following week.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:07 pm 
Saab Nut

Car Model: SAAB 96/MGB/Twingo/Niss Figaro
Aye, Mal, even if life is getting back to normal by early August, I think people will, generally speaking, be sweir to go to crowded places....
We could be manning the stand looking at half empty halls.
I will still go though, if it does go ahead.