UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:22 am 
Still Gassing

Car Model: 99GL C900i C900SE
Espin99 wrote:
Redsaabs wrote:
Like many others really looking forward to the Saabfest weekend in Bury.............a few admin problems won't stop us having a great time .........and in it's in the NORTH :D

I'll be working in the South that weekend, if it was not being held in the North I might have been able to pop in for a few hours :park:

You have no luck Mal..... missing Saabfest and have to go down South :wink:

900i 84 Red
900SE 91 Silv
9-5 1.9tid grey
C900 trailer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:58 pm 
UKS Addict

Car Model: 900Ruby,vert, 9000, 99, Sonett
Tell me about it... I have to live down here!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:11 pm 
UKS Encyclopædia G-M

Car Model: 9-5 Aero est. 9-3 Carlsson
North Essex is the Midlands!

Everything will be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not the end...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:06 pm 

Car Model: 9 - 3 SS Carlsson
Redders wrote:
Fliptop wrote:
Jeez... Hodcroft organising? Chaos ensues. No surprise there.

Chris, sorry mate, but you really shouldn't have let him take over this event. It needs someone who can organise, who is willing to talk to people and who doesn't leave everything until the 11th hour.

But I'm sure you know that already....

No comment re IH :roll: but I will say North West are also running the event and have put a lot of effort into getting things organised :wink:

Chris,

Can we have it at the Prescott Hill Climb again, a great couple of days and venue. I had a crap journey of over five hours there due to traffic accidents, but still had an brilliant weekend. I have over five hours to Bury but feel this weekend will not match it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:39 pm 
UKS Addict

Car Model: 9-3ss Aero 2.0T
Andie wrote:
Redders wrote:
Fliptop wrote:
Jeez... Hodcroft organising? Chaos ensues. No surprise there.

Chris, sorry mate, but you really shouldn't have let him take over this event. It needs someone who can organise, who is willing to talk to people and who doesn't leave everything until the 11th hour.

But I'm sure you know that already....

No comment re IH :roll: but I will say North West are also running the event and have put a lot of effort into getting things organised :wink:

Chris,

Can we have it at the Prescott Hill Climb again, a great couple of days and venue. I had a crap journey of over five hours there due to traffic accidents, but still had an brilliant weekend. I have over five hours to Bury but feel this weekend will not match it.
Some kind of motorsport that's accessible for beginners would be good to see again. The hill climb was addictive and just a case of get in and go, would a track day type affair ever be viable in the same way?

I'll be there this summer, probably only for one day this time though.

Rob

2007(57) 9-3 Aero 2.0T
1971 VW Beetle 1300
2013(63) VW T5

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:41 pm 
UKS Encyclopædia G-M

I believe that the 2015 Cadwell Park meeting & track days made a substantial loss.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:40 pm 
UKS Addict

Car Model: 9-3ss Aero 2.0T
sgould wrote:
I believe that the 2015 Cadwell Park meeting & track days made a substantial loss.
I'd be interested to know whether Prescott Hill made a loss too? Such events are expensive to hold.

I guess the issue with circuit track days is that there isn't a way for people to just have a sedate run if they want to. People are driving pretty much flat out and the vast gaping chasm between the fastest and slowest would make it a bit stressful or intimidating for people who don't want to drive to the limits or who have slower or priceless cars.

The Prescott Hill set up allowed for some slower drives up, those who were aiming to drive on their door handles with stock power (me included in that group) and the real track monsters all in one place. Hence, I imagine, the track time was more popular.

It was a winning formula though so we need to find something like that again if we can!

2007(57) 9-3 Aero 2.0T
1971 VW Beetle 1300
2013(63) VW T5

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:28 am 
UKS Addict

Car Model: Three wheeler
sgould wrote:

It’s always an expensive affair if you want total track exclusivity for a single brand but also an easy way to book helps... again not many people want to part with there cash for such an event but does make for some great entertainment even for spectators imo.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:05 pm 

TwyRob wrote:
sgould wrote:
I'd be interested to know whether Prescott Hill made a loss too? Such events are expensive to hold.

I guess the issue with circuit track days is that there isn't a way for people to just have a sedate run if they want to. People are driving pretty much flat out and the vast gaping chasm between the fastest and slowest would make it a bit stressful or intimidating for people who don't want to drive to the limits or who have slower or priceless cars.

The Prescott Hill set up allowed for some slower drives up, those who were aiming to drive on their door handles with stock power (me included in that group) and the real track monsters all in one place. Hence, I imagine, the track time was more popular.

It was a winning formula though so we need to find something like that again if we can!

I understand that the Prescott Hill event made a profit. The Saturday numbers and the additional hill runs probably helped.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:28 pm 
UKS Addict

Car Model: Saabs
Good points and feedback from all, thanks :D

For the record Prescott did make profit showing that a Motorsport / Show event can work and cover its costs. It’s important to mention that it was subsidised in terms of sponsorship and the club were prepared to subsidise it in the event of a small loss, not that we thought it would!

As it’s already been said the hill Climb format worked well as everyone one could have a go at their own pace without the worry of having to keep up with other drivers on the track at the same time. This appealed to everyone and was very reasonable priced which helped cover the costs.

We will be going back to Prescott at some stage and we’re working to secure all the locations for the next three years Nationals/Saabfests leading to the Saab International that will be hosted in the UK in 2023.

Looking forward to seeing many of you in Manchester :D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:47 pm 
UKS Encyclopædia G-M

Must book! :o

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:55 pm 
Full Pressure Turbo

Location: North East Cheshire (now it seems Greater Manchester)
Car Model: 9-5 HOT Aero '02 and 9-3 vert
Hi Guys,
Come and be surprised!
Burrs Country Park is the place! If you have an open mind,and come up north, you will find a place where the sun does shine, (occasionally!) where those who like steam trains passing, (or even stopping) if you put your hand out, will stop just for you! Burrs is the place!
Ride into town, Bury which has the unquestioned BEST MARKET in the COUNTRY!
East Lancashire Railway has pubs with great beers right by most of the stations it stops at.
If having an on site pub with good ale and food doesn't appeal to you, stay in North Yorkshire!!!
That comment is for the person who it would seem should. (Not all Yorkshire types who know they will be welcome).
Ride in your Saab around the beautiful local countryside.
Take a walk around this park.
Grab a bite to eat and an excellent coffee in the excellent cafe, just yards away from that Brown Cow pub.
Transport facilities are among the best in the country, with trams, trains and motorways.
Read the details in Saab Driver and;
BOOK NOW!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:34 am 
UKS Addict

Location: REMAINING UNFAITHFUL TO FACTORY STANDARD SPECIFICATIONS SINCE 1988
Car Model: OLD SAABS....NUMEROUS
TIME FOR A SENSIBLE QUESTION,IS THERE A DESIGNATED DAY FOR THE SAAB AUTOJUMBLE?

BIRDIE

ENJOY IT.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:26 am 
Full Pressure Turbo

Hi BIRDIE!
If Iv'e misunderstood the enquiry above, I apologise.
In terms of Autojumble at Burrs Saabfest, there is no official thing, but individuals who have a few Saab related spares they are trying to clear is anticipated.

I believe I will be with Richard E. When we come to collect something in the next couple of days we can chat.
Hope we will see you at Burrs if not.
John H.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:35 am 
UKS Addict

Location: REMAINING UNFAITHFUL TO FACTORY STANDARD SPECIFICATIONS SINCE 1988
Car Model: OLD SAABS....NUMEROUS
SUPER,I AM HOPING TO BRING SOME 'NOS' STUFF ALONG,AMIDST SOME GOOD USED SPARES,ON THE SATURDAY.TIME FOR A SORT OUT :corn:

ENJOY IT.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:30 pm 
Full Pressure Turbo

BOOK NOW! (if you haven't already).
BURRS COUNTRY PARK IS BRILLIANT.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:52 pm 
Light Pressure Turbo

Car Model: 9-5 wagon
I've been over to look at the site for the event so I could do risk assessments for it, had a meal in the Brown Cow, highly recommend the steak pudding or as I call it baby's head and chips, I've never seen a larger single steak pud in my life.
Looking like a great location for the event, be great to see people there as I know how much time and effort the NW Owners group members have put into it, just needs people to support it all now.

C900 2 door '86

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:05 pm 
UKS Addict

Car Model: 99L, 9000cse, 9-5s and a Panda
ms1000 wrote:
I've been over to look at the site for the event so I could do risk assessments for it, had a meal in the Brown Cow, highly recommend the steak pudding or as I call it baby's head and chips, I've never seen a larger single steak pud in my life.
Looking like a great location for the event, be great to see people there as I know how much time and effort the NW Owners group members have put into it, just needs people to support it all now.

That's enough of a reason for a drive over any weekend for me.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:46 am 
Active user

Car Model: 900T16 FPT
Hi,

do you know what day is the show competition when the best car of each model gets a prize? I attended in 2017 and it was fantastic. Unfortunately I can not make it the whole weekend so I prefer to attend just for that activity.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:06 pm 

The car competition is on the Sunday.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next