UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:47 pm

All times are UTC



Forum rules


The main Meetings forum is designed for meetings with a firm date and location in mind, and this info should be contained in the thread title.

If you want to gauge interest or ask a more general question, please use the "Provisional/gauging interest" forum.

Once meetings have taken place, threads will be moved to the "past meets" forum rather than the Coffee Bar.

Stickies can be arranged for regular, established, meets with a set calendar of upcoming dates- please pm a mod to discuss.

No drumming up of additional interest by cross posting in other sections please, unless by prior moderator approval

For more info/guidance, please see this post from the forum founder.



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:12 pm 
Offline
UKS Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:24 pm
Posts: 2147
Location: Caerphilly
Car Model: Saabs
ylee coyote wrote:
Can I bring my hill climb car ?


Yes you can :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:03 pm 
Offline
UKS Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:26 pm
Posts: 5879
Location: North Essex
Car Model: 900Ruby,vert, 9000, 99, Sonett
Like me, I'm assuming that there will be a good number of us who will be in hotels, inns etc. on Friday afternoon and evening.
As, this year there is no Friday gathering, I thought it would be an idea if we all meet up for a drink/meal somewhere in the Cheltenham/Tewksbury area.

I've started a thread in the "Provisional/gauging interest" section to gauge interest...

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=185809

_________________
I came into this world with nothing & I've still got most of it left.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:06 pm 
Offline
UKS Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:24 pm
Posts: 2147
Location: Caerphilly
Car Model: Saabs
Ursa Minor wrote:
Like me, I'm assuming that there will be a good number of us who will be in hotels, inns etc. on Friday afternoon and evening.
As, this year there is no Friday gathering, I thought it would be an idea if we all meet up for a drink/meal somewhere in the Cheltenham/Tewksbury area.

I've started a thread in the "Provisional/gauging interest" section to gauge interest...

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=185809


Great idea Andy 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:37 pm 
Offline
Light Pressure Turbo
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:35 pm
Posts: 549
Car Model: '98 9000 cse (aero) Lpg
I am so very up for this if I can take the 9000 up the hill!
I've watched a fair few cars at prescott and always fancied a go.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:01 pm 
Offline
UKS Addict
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:26 pm
Posts: 3105
Location: South Oxfordshire
Car Model: 9-3ss Aero 2.0T; OG9-3 vert
Redders wrote:
Quad_cam_turbo wrote:
Ooo so do attendees get to run the hill climb course?!


Maybe, That would make a great weekend wouldn't it!
Are there any regulations for the drive up the hill? I read that it was non-competitive at our own pace but do we need helmets or any other safety equipment?

Also, will it be one run each? If so, do we get a decent chance to walk the hill first to see where it goes so we aren't too timid?

I've never been or done anything even remotely like it but I am keen to have a go and have a good time doing so!

_________________
9-3ss SOC Registrar @BHOSaab

2003(53) 9-3 Aero 2.0T
2002(51) 9-3 Vert auto 2.3 Stg5
2013(63) VW T5


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:09 am 
Offline
UKS Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:24 pm
Posts: 2147
Location: Caerphilly
Car Model: Saabs
Hi Rob

No helmet or protective gear needed, It is you purely driving at your own pace on the circuit with no other vehicles on the track (typical hill climb). You are responsible for yourself and your vehicle.

You will be able to walk the track Saturday, there will be a drivers briefing Sunday morning before the track opens.

You will be able to book a hill run in advance, more information will follow regarding multiple runs :wink:


Last edited by Redders on Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:53 am 
Offline
UKS Addict
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:26 pm
Posts: 3105
Location: South Oxfordshire
Car Model: 9-3ss Aero 2.0T; OG9-3 vert
Redders wrote:
Hi Rob

No helmet or protective gear needed, It is you purely driving at your own pace on pace on the circuit with no other vehicles on the track (typical hill climb). You are responsible for yourself and your vehicle.

You will be able to walk the track Saturday, there will be a drivers briefing Sunday morning before the track opens.

You will be able to book a hill run in advance, more information will follow regarding multiple runs :wink:
Thanks! Sounds like you have a good plan in place. I appreciate the hard work that goes into organising these things.

_________________
9-3ss SOC Registrar @BHOSaab

2003(53) 9-3 Aero 2.0T
2002(51) 9-3 Vert auto 2.3 Stg5
2013(63) VW T5


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:10 am 
Offline
Saab Nut
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:21 pm
Posts: 1658
Location: Ashford, Kent
Car Model: 2x 9000 & 9-5
I'd be so very up for this but it's the same weekend as the Retro Rides Gathering at Shelsey Walsh Hill Climb :(

_________________
'75 Vauxhall Viva - '91 Eunos Roadster - '91 Mini - '94 SAAB 9000 - '97 SAAB 9000 - '08 SAAB 9-5 TiD


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:43 am 
Offline
Active user

Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:00 pm
Posts: 151
Car Model: og 93 aero coupe stage 3
Looks like a very nice location :shock: :shock: I am 1000% in

see you there!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:27 pm 
Offline
UKS Addict
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 8:34 am
Posts: 3508
Location: West Dorset UK
Car Model: 96TT/900S Cab/9-3SW Aero TTiD
I've driven 2 of my Saabs up the hill. First time was at a weekend meet when Naranto persuaded the BOC to let us take a convoy of Saabs up during the lunch break. This is a regular feature at meetings with, usually, at least one Veyron doing impressively throaty runs. Our Saabs were driven in age order - oldest first, so I led the way in "Erik" with a couple of V4s, 99T, 900, 9000 etc following.
My second "go" at the hill was during a driver's day, with non-timed runs at our best pace, starting off slowly-ish and getting more familiar/braver as the day progressed. I think we each got 6 runs in, all of which were filmed at various points on the track and we had a debriefing in the clubhouse after each session. I took my diesel 9-3SW along for the day - had a lot of fun - well worth the cost and travel.

_________________
David.
96 2T / c900S Aero Vert / 9-3 Aero TTiD SW.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:08 pm 
Offline
Active user
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:24 pm
Posts: 40
Location: Spain
Car Model: Saab 93OG T5
Hello.

I'm cupradito from spain.

I will try to go this meeting. I have a 1999 OG93

_________________
OG93 Trionic 5 +-300PS
From spain


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:49 pm 
Offline
UKS Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:26 pm
Posts: 5879
Location: North Essex
Car Model: 900Ruby,vert, 9000, 99, Sonett
cupradito wrote:
Hello.

I'm cupradito from spain.

I will try to go this meeting. I have a 1999 OG93


It should be a great weekend.

Pics are from 2017 event.

Image

Image

Image

_________________
I came into this world with nothing & I've still got most of it left.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:45 am 
Offline
Active user
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:24 pm
Posts: 40
Location: Spain
Car Model: Saab 93OG T5
Ursa Minor wrote:
cupradito wrote:
Hello.

I'm cupradito from spain.

I will try to go this meeting. I have a 1999 OG93


It should be a great weekend.

Pics are from 2017 event.

Image

Image

Image


Looks very interesting, in Spain we don't have these meets.

We don't be numerous :(

_________________
OG93 Trionic 5 +-300PS
From spain


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:06 pm 
Offline
Light Pressure Turbo
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 7:24 pm
Posts: 517
Location: Worcestershire UK..... but will Travel !!
Car Model: C900T16s,9-3TTiD180,9000aero
Chris and the team are working really hard to deliver a SaabFest 2018 to be proud of, :D ,... i hope you can make it to the event, 8) 8)

best regards

(and of course ...see you there !) :D

_________________
a legend in my own sparetime!
C900 T16s Conv
96 V4
93ss TTiD Aero
9000 CSE Aero


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:50 pm 
Offline
Full Pressure Turbo
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:28 pm
Posts: 648
Location: East Fife.
Car Model: SAAB 96/MGB/Twingo/Niss Figaro
Elli
When are the registration documents for the National coming out?

I hope to make the long haul south for this one.

Andy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:07 pm 
Offline
Light Pressure Turbo
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 7:24 pm
Posts: 517
Location: Worcestershire UK..... but will Travel !!
Car Model: C900T16s,9-3TTiD180,9000aero
The Troll wrote:
Elli
When are the registration documents for the National coming out?

I hope to make the long haul south for this one.

Andy


Hi Andy, i saw the proof doc for the next Driver and its in there (due out in the next week or so) and also for the first time online booking and payment will be available, this is the first time that this has been done so hopefully it will run online very smoothly :D :D :D

elli

_________________
a legend in my own sparetime!
C900 T16s Conv
96 V4
93ss TTiD Aero
9000 CSE Aero


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:27 pm 
Offline
Light Pressure Turbo

Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 428
Location: here
Car Model: 2004 04 9-5 2.0t auto vector
elli wrote:
The Troll wrote:
Elli
When are the registration documents for the National coming out?

I hope to make the long haul south for this one.

Andy


Hi Andy, i saw the proof doc for the next Driver and its in there (due out in the next week or so) and also for the first time online booking and payment will be available, this is the first time that this has been done so hopefully it will run online very smoothly :D :D :D

elli

Got mine today booking form is in there


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:50 pm 
Offline
Active user
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:24 pm
Posts: 40
Location: Spain
Car Model: Saab 93OG T5
Hello.

Can you give more info about "the hill climb"? it is "open" we can climb unlimited times within a time zone?

Pricing info ?

Thanks.

_________________
OG93 Trionic 5 +-300PS
From spain


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:32 pm 
Offline
UKS Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:26 pm
Posts: 5879
Location: North Essex
Car Model: 900Ruby,vert, 9000, 99, Sonett
cupradito wrote:
Hello.

Can you give more info about "the hill climb"? it is "open" we can climb unlimited times within a time zone?

Pricing info ?

Thanks.


As I understand it. We have use of the circuit all of Sunday. The number of times any one person will be able to use the circuit will depend upon how many want to use it.
Should be a great weekend.

Prices are £10 per day (SOC Members), £12 per day Non members.
£7 use the circuit. Extra runs of the circuit will be bookable on Sunday morning... (This doesn't apply to me as the only thing I do in the morning is have breakfast! :lol: )

Camping is also available (for masochists and Andy Boorman.)

Chris Redmond will be along shortly and tell me I've misread the rules. :park:


More details here:

http://www.saabclub.co.uk/index.php?opt ... 6441873246

And here:

https://www.facebook.com/events/158631628267476/

_________________
I came into this world with nothing & I've still got most of it left.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:01 pm 
Offline
UKS Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:24 pm
Posts: 2147
Location: Caerphilly
Car Model: Saabs
Ursa Minor wrote:
cupradito wrote:
Hello.

Can you give more info about "the hill climb"? it is "open" we can climb unlimited times within a time zone?

Pricing info ?

Thanks.


As I understand it. We have use of the circuit all of Sunday. The number of times any one person will be able to use the circuit will depend upon how many want to use it.
Should be a great weekend.

Prices are £10 per day (SOC Members), £12 per day Non members.
£7 use the circuit. Extra runs of the circuit will be bookable on Sunday morning... (This doesn't apply to me as the only thing I do in the morning is have breakfast! :lol: )

Camping is also available (for masochists and Andy Boorman.)

Chris Redmond will be along shortly and tell me I've misread the rules. :park:


More details here:

http://www.saabclub.co.uk/index.php?opt ... 6441873246

And here:

https://www.facebook.com/events/158631628267476/


Thanks Andy :D

You are correct, We have the access to the hill climb on Sunday. You can book one initial run upfront and dependent on uptake additional runs will be available which you can book on Sunday morning.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

follow UKSaabs on Twitter



UKSaabs silhouette logo images by Mark Green www.greenphotos.com
"subsilver2" slightly bodged by UKSaabs for our own use.

:: Disclaimer ::
Comments posted here are the views of their individual authors and are not necessarily shared by the owners of this Web site.
Authors assume all responsibility for comments posted here.

UKSaabs The biggest and best privately owned UK based independent Saab forum for all SAAB enthusiasts.
Whilst we encourage our users to support our advertisers the site wishes to remain independent and therefore does not endorse any particular advertiser(s)
UKSaabs is not affiliated with Saab Cars UK or Saab Automobile AB