Nuts..... :park:

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 4:04 pm 
UKS Addict

Car Model: 9k Aero
You'd never catch me engaging in such opportunistic hoonism!! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 4:05 pm 
Saab Nut

Car Model: OG 9-3 SE
They're going to struggle to get a conviction as the video doesn't identify the car, driver or the date and time

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 4:43 pm 
UKS Addict

Car Model: Saab NG 9-5 Aero
Given the current state of the M23 with the "upgrade" to a smart motorway I would be surprised if he/she could get to 70!

Last edited by GeoffR on Mon May 25, 2020 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 4:51 pm 
Saab Nut

Car Model: 9-3 Aero estate noobed to 250
Surely there's CCTV evidence somewhere from the motorway cameras?

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 5:19 pm 
Saab Nut

Car Model: 93 2007 Tid vert 93 2000 vert
What an idiot, not just for speeding, but then to post it. :loco:
The police will now be scouring the cctv for him.
They can't be that many cars with a dash like that so they will know the make
after a search.
Getting a conviction might be hard though.

Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 5:31 pm 
Arkwright.

Car Model: 99GL C900 Jag XF & FIAT500
Food for thought from a former traffic officer who's book I have recently finished reading:

Quote:
It was dark, very dark in this country road, a main route between two large towns, but it was quiet for now. The witness had gingerly got out of his car, and hesitantly made his way towards the mangled wreckage. He used the lights of his car to light the wreckage, but he found he was causing a shadow across the scene blocking his view from his headlights, so he slowly approached it from the verge with his phone torch switched on. He hesitantly gazed into the car, every panel smashed to pieces or crushed to an unrecognisable form. His eyes followed the light into the depths of the car and he saw the twisted bodies inside. Two of them, a youngish male and female. There was no obvious car door to open, it was as if it were welded to the crushed bodywork of the car, no hinges would help him here. He listened, then whispered through the dimly lit gloom.

“Hello?”

He pressed number nine, three times on his phone realising his finger was shaking uncontrollably. He was surprised at the lively reply on the phone, “Which Service please?”

His voice shaking, “AMBULANCE, FIRE… POLICE, JUST GET EVERYONE HERE”.

He crumpled as one of the ghostly faces entered his mind. His first flashback, it was just the three of them in that space and he burst into tears. The first police officers arrived soon after although it seemed an age. He calmed the man with soft tones. It’s often difficult to establish what could have gone on to cause such a collision at this early stage. The fire service did an amazing job by freeing one of the bodies, but then held off as I needed to keep the car intact for the vehicle examiner to examine the car. The male remained contorted inside. It’s no good cutting the car to pieces to free the bodies only to find the car falls apart on lifting it onto the back of a recovery truck. That would potentially destroy the steering rack, the brake lines and any potentially vital clues that would tell us the cause of the loss of control. It will inevitably be too much speed but we can’t ever take that for granted. So the last body stays in the car for the next few hours until the scene examination is done. An officer has already ensured some dignity for the occupants by covering them as much as he can with blankets. It’s some time before I can give the go ahead for the Fire Service to come back and cut the final one out. It seems harsh, but it’s important. The cause for this was going too fast for the circumstances, and simply losing control, getting caught up in the moment, which left two families utterly devastated for the rest of their lives.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 6:16 pm 
UKS Addict

Car Model: 9³ Aero 250bhp Maptun, Eibach
Nasty thing that Mal.
Younger people don't think that far ahead and think that they are invincible.
Used to myself...now you just think more and go slow round corners and wonder what could be coming along the other way along 60 mph country roads.
Lot of roads that should be 40mph rather than National 60mph.
But, well, yeah, speed does kill.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 6:22 pm 
Active user

Car Model: 9-5 SE
It isn't speed that kills, it's inappropriate speed that kills.

OK, so once upon a time, I used to be a Race Marshall. I've seen some pretty nasty accidents, and even with race seats, race harnesses, roll cages, and everything else, there were a couple of fatalities. I've seen some pretty heavily mangled cars, but even in the dark, I think I could identify a door.
Then again, I've seen quite a few mangled cars, so maybe I've just got my eye in.

I hope that doesn't sound callous, It isn't intended to. I do care about peoples lives, I didn't give it up because I stopped caring.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 6:42 pm 
Saab Nut

Car Model: 9-3 1.9tiD Vector S Anniversry
Shocked when I say the video earlier today.
Hope they catch him.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 6:55 pm 
Saab Nut

Years ago a biker filmed himself at speeds up to 140 in a 40 limit in Bristol, the video on YouTube even showed the rider turn into his easily identifiable home and park in his garage.
He was questioned by police but made no admissions, as the rider, bike, date and time couldn't be established he got away with it.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 7:05 pm 
Arkwright.

Car Model: 99GL C900 Jag XF & FIAT500
not 6 wheeler guy wrote:
It isn't speed that kills, it's inappropriate speed that kills.

OK, so once upon a time, I used to be a Race Marshall. I've seen some pretty nasty accidents, and even with race seats, race harnesses, roll cages, and everything else, there were a couple of fatalities. I've seen some pretty heavily mangled cars, but even in the dark, I think I could identify a door.
Then again, I've seen quite a few mangled cars, so maybe I've just got my eye in.

I hope that doesn't sound callous, It isn't intended to. I do care about peoples lives, I didn't give it up because I stopped caring.

I agree totally it isn't actually speed that kills, its more likely the sudden stop on hitting a stationary object that kills.
The severity of injuries caused by the sudden stop may lessen dependant on the speed at which it was hit.
So although speed itself does not kill it is often a major contributory factor and more so with inappropriate speed.

200 mph is a totally inappropriate speed on any UK motorway. If the idiot wanted to show his driving prowess why not take it to a track.
On a track the dangers are accepted not only by the individual driver, but by the other track users.

Although there are many who think they are the best driver in the world who has not yet been discovered by Ferrari and the like, they need to remember they share the public roads with those they see as lesser drivers.

That lesser driver (who might be your mother, father, wife, husband son or daughter), may not have judged that the car they spot in their mirror as they look to pull out into the outside lane is doing 200 mph.

Its about consideration for others including their possible lack of experience.

As for the door, it was described from the witnesses point of view rather than the traffic officer.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 7:21 pm 
UKS Addict

Car Model: 9k Aero
Gaz38 wrote:
They're going to struggle to get a conviction as the video doesn't identify the car, driver or the date and time

If I should ever decide to film a high speed run with the intention of posting online then certain preps would have to be completed first in order to avoid potential prosecution issues. From choosing the right road (that you have extreme intimate knowledge of) in the right conditions the optimal time to exploit the lightest traffic conditions as is practically possible. To what is probably the single most important thing...leave your phone switched on and left at home. Then put in a good number of undocumented practice runs building up the speeds a little each time. This will help to build familiarity with the surroundings at the elevated speed levels (those slight kinks in the motorway transform into actual bends north of a certain unexperienced rate of mph). Once fully confident car and driver are in perfect condition to carry out the run, you then plan your exit. Have at least 3 different routes of escape and ultimately makes your car dissapear for a few hrs. Then, it's just the waiting game for THE most opportune moment.
But just before you hit that record button on your camcorder/go pro etc, it's got to be strategically placed as not to incriminate any potential offender but to capture the berest of bare essentials that legitimately tells the story.
The run itself would be the easy part, (you know just like a bank robbery, filling your bags with cash is a synch.). All you've got to do is drive quick for a few seconds, stay out of trouble and have that exit plan ready to execute at any given moment.
Assuming the high speed run went as planned with zero incidents and made it safely home it's now time to keep the vehicle tucked away with any equipment that you may have installed specifically for the run is removed and disposed of, making sure everything is returned as was.
Now, getting the raw footage through a pc and up online. As we know, everything we do has a digital footprint, so cheap laptops are easy to come by so would have been purchased months ago. This laptop is used to edit the footage only and in stand-alone be mode so absolutely no WiFi connection of any kind yet.
Once happy with the edit it's time to travel (walking is preferred) to a known stable publicly available WiFi hotspot area to create a new email and you tube account then upload the file but initially on a private setting at 1st.
The temptation now would be to make your epic run public, but not yet, it's wayyy to soon. Would probably wait about 12 months before moving into the next stage as this ensures that any potential constabulary interested that could have been created by the actual run has all but dissapeared.
So the final stage would be to dig out that cheap old laptop, walk to a different public WiFi hotspot, keeping your phone at home, and change the privacy setting to public. Then go and destroy all hardware containing any evidence.

/But that's just how I would do it if I were ever going to do such an outrageously dangerous act

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 7:46 pm 
Saab Nut

As highlighted in an earlier post even in the event of driver only killing himself it's the poor sod coming across the mess afterwards I feel sorry for.
The emergency services are for the most part hardened to it and even so have support and counselling available should they need it, ordinary members of the public are not in that position on either count.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 8:28 pm 
UKS Addict

Car Model: 9-5 Aero HOT - :-)
what car is it? Some serious acceleration. Not condoning the action just interested.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 8:33 pm 
UKS Addict

Wasn't sure, had revs left at 200mph though.
Was on 6k, redline 6.7k.
Someone will be along to confirm what the car was.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 8:35 pm 

Car Model: 9 3 aero
RS6

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 8:38 pm 
UKS Addict

Thanks Rich.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 8:48 pm 
UKS Addict

Car Model: 9-5 Aero HOT - :-)
Special car, mates just taken delivery of a new one. Intend on blagging a ride when social distancing finished.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 8:50 pm 
Full Pressure Turbo

Car Model: XC70.....
brooksy wrote:
what car is it? Some serious acceleration. Not condoning the action just interested.

Audi I think. First thought was R8 but looking on Google, A5 looks more likely.