UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Tue May 21, 2019 5:28 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Billj-Saabits
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:29 pm 
Saab Nut

I am sure Bill must be blushing by now with all the praise heaped on Saabits. I ordered a part luchtime yesterday on "24hr from despatch" service. Got it this lunchtime, now fitted and working fine. That is exemplary service . Previous orders have been handled with the same efficiency so I thought about time to add my bit. Thanks Bill

Post subject: Re: Billj-Saabits
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:08 pm 
Saab Nut

Car Model: ...
They are good like that . Iv always had the same with them they have
Got me out of trouble quite a few times now ..

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:36 pm 
UKS Addict

Car Model: A mix of this and that
I had a wish list for parts..sent Bill an email and he came up with the goods...a large box of bits arrived today. Excellent service as usual!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:28 pm 
UKS Addict

Car Model: 96TT/900S Cabrio/9-3SW Aero
Highly recommended- my first port of call for c900 stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:49 am 
Full Pressure Turbo

Am i right in thinking Free shipping (UK) on orders over £100 has finished from Saabits?
Any thoughts about cost or delay of parts if we leave without a deal, unlikely as that is.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:25 pm 
UKSaabs Trader

At the moment, free UK shipping is unavailable but currently over £100 you will be offered a cheaper "economy shipping" option that should work for most people who aren't in a hurry. We found that increasingly, parcels just over the £100 threshold were getting physically larger and larger and it was costing us a fortune to ship them, especially as shipping costs have risen. We hope to reintroduce the "free UK shipping" option soon but we need to rework things a bit to make it sustainable. Meanwhile, we believe we have kept the shipping costs affordable by absorbing some of the shipping cost.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:37 pm 
UKSaabs Trader

road runner wrote:
Any thoughts about cost or delay of parts if we leave without a deal, unlikely as that is.

The majority of parts we sell are from our stock in the UK. We have received assurances from our European suppliers that they will still be happy to ship to us even if the UK ends up with no trade agreement with the EU. It may take them longer to ship goods to us due to customs checks but it is up to us to manage our stock levels according to the longer lead-times and our customers needn't worry about that.

Retail prices will depend on a lot of things, primarily the value of the pound against the Euro (since we buy most of our parts in Euro) and any tariffs imposed. I expect the UK government will be keen to keep incoming tariffs low, which they are free to do if they wish. It is outgoing tariffs that will take longer to negotiate but that won't concern our UK customers, only our EU customers. Our suppliers will not charge any more for the goods but they cannot yet say how shipping charges might be affected if shipments need to go through UK customs.
The pound has generally been low against the Euro over the last two years and we have managed to absorb the changes without increasing prices. Once the government makes a decision and we can all move on to the next stage, I imagine the pound will recover a bit more. Financial markets are paranoid about uncertainty.