UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:24 am

All times are UTC





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:20 pm 
Offline
UKS Encyclopædia G-M
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:39 am
Posts: 41724
Location: SW Herts
Car Models: 2007 9-5 Aero est. 300hp Hirsch. 9-3 2010 9-3 Carlsson
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53221512

_________________
.
.
.
.
Everything will be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not the end...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:31 pm 
Offline
Arkwright.
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:33 pm
Posts: 49301
Location: NETTLEHAM, LINCOLNSHIRE
Car Models: 1984 99GL, 1992 C900 XS, Jaguar XF Sportbrake, FIAT 500 TwinAir
Just in time, the XF is due on 4 Aug.

I was going to get it done anyway as its due its annual service and my regular garage/MOT station has been open all the way through.

_________________
When you think you know it all, it's a sure sign you don't.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:42 pm 
Offline
Saab Nut
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:51 pm
Posts: 1203
Location: Edinburgh
Car Models: 9-5 2.3t Arc Estate
A sensible move now that other restrictions have been lifted.

I am pleased they did allow the extension in full lockdown however because I have a car still trapped in Cambridge for which the MOT expired in June. The extension I received will allow me to retrieve it back to Edinburgh for its MOT. The only question is how safe is it to use public transport to go and collect it?

_________________
Saab 9-5 2.3t Arc auto estate (Big Red)
Saab 9000 2.3 CDi S auto
Saab 9-5 2.0t Airflow
Jaguar XJ6


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:07 pm 
Offline
China Charger

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:21 pm
Posts: 11831
Location: All over town.
Car Models: 2020 Leon Cupra S1
sgould wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53221512

Awesome news

_________________
Gone
04 9-5 Aero S1
99 9-3 SE HOT S3
98 9K 2.3
92 9k CD 18T
99 9-3 19T
00 9-5 Aero S3
96 9K Aero S3


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:46 am 
Offline
Saab Nut

Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:31 pm
Posts: 1105
Car Models: 9-3 1.9tiD Vector S Anniversry
Magrew wrote:
A sensible move now that other restrictions have been lifted.

I am pleased they did allow the extension in full lockdown however because I have a car still trapped in Cambridge for which the MOT expired in June. The extension I received will allow me to retrieve it back to Edinburgh for its MOT. The only question is how safe is it to use public transport to go and collect it?


We've been on walks and the London train line goes past and to be honest a few weeks ago hardly anyone was on it.
Where's the car in Cambridge?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:27 am 
Offline
UKS Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:09 pm
Posts: 11084
Location: Sandwich
Car Models: 2005 9-5 Aero Wagon
Applies to cars who's MOT expires from 1.8.20- those already on extension are not affected which helps as i have two to do.

_________________
9-5 Aero Estate 2005 in grey
9000 Aero 1995 in black
1994 GM 900
1987 9000 16V S Turbo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:55 am 
Offline
Saab Nut
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:51 pm
Posts: 1203
Location: Edinburgh
Car Models: 9-5 2.3t Arc Estate
Dirtyleeds wrote:
Magrew wrote:
A sensible move now that other restrictions have been lifted.

I am pleased they did allow the extension in full lockdown however because I have a car still trapped in Cambridge for which the MOT expired in June. The extension I received will allow me to retrieve it back to Edinburgh for its MOT. The only question is how safe is it to use public transport to go and collect it?


We've been on walks and the London train line goes past and to be honest a few weeks ago hardly anyone was on it.
Where's the car in Cambridge?


I have an apartment for work just across the railway line from the Beehive shopping centre. Luckily it is a basement car park so the car is as good as being in a garage.

_________________
Saab 9-5 2.3t Arc auto estate (Big Red)
Saab 9000 2.3 CDi S auto
Saab 9-5 2.0t Airflow
Jaguar XJ6


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:24 am 
Offline
UKS Addict
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:32 pm
Posts: 6119
Location: Glenrothes, Fife
Car Models: 95, 99, 900, 9000, 93, Sonett
One of our cars expires on 27/07/2020, so I guess it will still be eligible for the six month extension. It'll be MoT exempt next year as it turns 40 in October 2021, but will still get it done anyway. Always good to have a trained eye with the clipboard once a year checking everything out.

_________________
MY70 95 V4 Van
MY73 95 V4
MY73 Sonett 3
MY83 99GL
MY89 900i S
MY96 9000 Aero
MY02 93 2.2 TiD x2


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:11 am 
Offline
Saab Nut

Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:31 pm
Posts: 1105
Car Models: 9-3 1.9tiD Vector S Anniversry
Magrew wrote:
Dirtyleeds wrote:
Magrew wrote:
A sensible move now that other restrictions have been lifted.

I am pleased they did allow the extension in full lockdown however because I have a car still trapped in Cambridge for which the MOT expired in June. The extension I received will allow me to retrieve it back to Edinburgh for its MOT. The only question is how safe is it to use public transport to go and collect it?


We've been on walks and the London train line goes past and to be honest a few weeks ago hardly anyone was on it.
Where's the car in Cambridge?


I have an apartment for work just across the railway line from the Beehive shopping centre. Luckily it is a basement car park so the car is as good as being in a garage.


The nrw ones built on the old Philips site. If you've got a problem give me a shout as I'm only a few miles out.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:38 pm 
Online
UKS Addict

Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:41 am
Posts: 4329
Location: Royal Tunbridge Wells
Car Models: '03 9-5 2.3 Vector Auto Estate Noob Stg 1
August suits me. I have the 9-5 booked for Saturday anyway (not actually due with the 6 month extension) and the cars with June and July expiry (without extension) I will still be able to move along to September and October as planned.

_________________
Alan

'03 9-5 2.3t Vector Estate Auto Noob Stg 1
'01 9-3 2.0t SE Vert Auto
'81 Triumph TR7 DHC


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:50 pm 
Offline
UKS Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:44 pm
Posts: 13212
Location: Bristol
Car Models: '59 2.8 XWD '55 Diesel SW
I just got my 6 months extension last week - but am putting it in on Thursday as I've just done all the suspension and it'll never be this good again! Also can;t be doing with moving a nice sunny July MOT date to Xmas time.

_________________
UKSaabs Fantasy Formula 1 Freak
Federation of Master Bodgers Accredited
T5 Tuner


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:16 pm 
Offline
Saab Nut
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:22 pm
Posts: 1049
Location: East Dorset
Car Models: 9-5 9-3SSx2 Sonett T16S 9000
I have taken advantage of the extension on the vert, which was due in May. It has only had 2000 miles added since last year and had lots of money spent on brakes, 4 new tyres, track rod ends etc etc, last year so there isn't much wrong with it.

I have just bought a 53 plate Corolla from the wife's uncle and that is due at the end of August. It was cheap, but only has 41k miles. It has been remodeled on all four corners so I will use it to go to work as I have just been asked to return to the office. I normally park on a quiet residential road and walk, but will be using the office car park so am not parking the 9-5 there to get damaged.
I can't see anything wrong with it, but has it hasn't been driven since March, I might find something before the test.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:25 pm 
Offline
Saab Nut
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:51 pm
Posts: 1203
Location: Edinburgh
Car Models: 9-5 2.3t Arc Estate
Dirtyleeds wrote:

The nrw ones built on the old Philips site. If you've got a problem give me a shout as I'm only a few miles out.


Thank you for the offer but so long as it starts I am hoping it's all good. I have a mini compressor in the car to sort flat tyres.

_________________
Saab 9-5 2.3t Arc auto estate (Big Red)
Saab 9000 2.3 CDi S auto
Saab 9-5 2.0t Airflow
Jaguar XJ6


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:15 pm 
Offline
China Charger

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:21 pm
Posts: 11831
Location: All over town.
Car Models: 2020 Leon Cupra S1
Jules_ht wrote:
I just got my 6 months extension last week - but am putting it in on Thursday as I've just done all the suspension and it'll never be this good again! Also can;t be doing with moving a nice sunny July MOT date to Xmas time.

Getting wise in your old age Mr H-T.

_________________
Gone
04 9-5 Aero S1
99 9-3 SE HOT S3
98 9K 2.3
92 9k CD 18T
99 9-3 19T
00 9-5 Aero S3
96 9K Aero S3


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: TWSaab and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

follow UKSaabs on Twitter



UKSaabs silhouette logo images by Mark Green www.greenphotos.com
"subsilver2" slightly bodged by UKSaabs for our own use.

:: Disclaimer ::
Comments posted here are the views of their individual authors and are not necessarily shared by the owners of this Web site.
Authors assume all responsibility for comments posted here.

UKSaabs The biggest and best privately owned UK based independent Saab forum for all SAAB enthusiasts.
Whilst we encourage our users to support our advertisers the site wishes to remain independent and therefore does not endorse any particular advertiser(s)
UKSaabs is not affiliated with Saab Cars UK or Saab Automobile AB