UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:46 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 114  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 7:39 pm 
Full Pressure Turbo

Car Model: .
washed, waxed and blow dried :)

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 8:31 pm 
UKS Encyclopædia G-M

Car Model: 9-5 Aero est. 9-3 Carlsson
Refitted the dog guard ready to fill the car with wine and cheese. :)

Everything will be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not the end...

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 8:35 pm 
Full Pressure Turbo

sgould wrote:

:)

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:11 pm 
UKS Encyclopædia G-M

I forgot. I had to use the battery booster. :oops:

Left the ignition on for two hours by mistake and flattened the battery :oops: :oops:

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 3:33 am 
Full Pressure Turbo

sgould wrote:
I forgot. I had to use the battery booster. :oops:

Left the ignition on for two hours by mistake and flattened the battery :oops: :oops:

other things on your mind :) wine and cheese for example :D

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:28 am 
Light Pressure Turbo

Car Model: 1998 9-5 SE 2.0T (?)
bigmc wrote:
lancer778544 wrote:
I think it's usually around £35-£40. I did have a mobile "we'll come to you" quote for £70 though.
My local guy does a home call for £35

I got an email from Orio with a Spring Service offer for £30, which includes all kinds of visual checks and (something like) debugging aircon and checking for leaks. But no one believes it would include the gas at this price – if it did, it would be a great bargain.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:25 am 
Active user

Car Model: 9-5 Saloon MY98 2.0LPT
sgould wrote:

What breed of dog is it that you need to protect your wine and cheese from it? :D
I think a guard just between front and rear, even on the saloon, like a NY Taxi, would be really useful, and not just to keep the grandchildren at bay.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 9:58 am 
Saab Nut

Car Model: 1996 Citroen Xantia 2.0T Activ
saman wrote:
Dirtyleeds wrote:
Had the aircon regassed

How much does that cost these days?

This is likely to change in the near future.

Our local place has said that once their current stock of R134a is used that the price will be heading up nearer to £80 due to the increase in the wholesale price of the refrigerant. I wouldn't be surprised if we start to see different pricing for different vehicles as well if refrigerant is getting that dear - modern cars tend to use a pretty tiny amount (hence how it doesn't take much of a leak at all to knock the system out), but the likes of my Xantia take 800g of the stuff.

This seems to be driven by two factors - one that there's something of a shortage of R134a anyway as demand seems to be outstripping supply, and secondly that there are efforts being made to phase out the use of R134a due to its contribution to global warming.

As far as I'm aware (I'm nowhere near as in touch with the HVAC trade as I used to be), nothing has been done with regards to actually restricting the supply of R134a, but I know of at least a couple of companies who have started stockpiling it - which probably isn't helping with the supply issues either!

Of course the replacements are more expensive still, and in some cases have other headaches surrounding them. CO2 of course requires a massively higher working pressure, and flammability is an issue around some of the others.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:05 am 
UKS Addict

Car Model: Saab NG 9-5 Aero
Finished polishing it, still has a rash of white dots caused by stones etc. chipping the paint on the front bumper but definitely much shinier and, for the moment, its clean!

I spent some time looking at the exhaust trims, they are covered in soot and other muck, I got some of it off but I could spend a week scrubbing and still not get them properly clean.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:43 pm 
Saab Nut

Car Model: 1996 Citroen Xantia 2.0T Activ
Nothing.

Lada: waiting for new ECU to arrive (and praying that resolves the problem).

Invacar: waiting for the spares car to become available.

Xantia: ... generally behaving, save for the creaky struts (it's been doing that for over ten years apparently), and needs a respray (which I can't afford yet). Oh...and it's covered in bird poo and tree sap again thanks to the tree. I really need to get a car cover for it.

Hoping I might get something actually useful done tomorrow...

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 10:09 pm 
UKS Addict

Car Model: 9-3ss Aero 2.0T; OG9-3 vert
GeoffR wrote:
Finished polishing it, still has a rash of white dots caused by stones etc. chipping the paint on the front bumper but definitely much shinier and, for the moment, its clean!

I spent some time looking at the exhaust trims, they are covered in soot and other muck, I got some of it off but I could spend a week scrubbing and still not get them properly clean.
Very fine wire wool and Autosol will do it. I did mine on both cars last week in about 30 minutes all together. The Aero was particularly bad with blgreat big lumps of blackened deposits.

2003(53) 9-3 Aero 2.0T
2002(51) 9-3 Vert auto 2.3 Stg5
2013(63) VW T5

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 7:37 am 
UKS Encyclopædia G-M

I use one of the foam pan scouters. The ones with scratchy plastic on one side. They don’t scratch the metal. You may need some solvent for the tar. The polish if you need to.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:50 am 
UKS Addict

Car Model: Saab NG 9-5 Aero
TwyRob wrote:
GeoffR wrote:

Very fine wire wool and Autosol will do it. I did mine on both cars last week in about 30 minutes all together. The Aero was particularly bad with blgreat big lumps of blackened deposits.

sgould wrote:
I use one of the foam pan scouters. The ones with scratchy plastic on one side. They don’t scratch the metal. You may need some solvent for the tar. The polish if you need to.

I tried Autoglym tar remover which shifted some of it but left plenty for another day.
I haven't tried Autosol so I might give that a go .

Thanks both.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 3:37 pm 
UKS Addict

Car Model: The Pizza Taxi
I took the gearbox and clutch off. Now to check if the bigger flywheel will fit before getting it lightened and fitting Aero clutch.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:44 pm 
UKS Addict

Car Model: 9-3ss Aero 2.0T; OG9-3 vert
Ade fitted a new front spoiler on my Aero today. He painted a fibreglass repro item from Poland (eBay purchase) and came round to bolt it on for me. A small fettle and it looks great! Just need to polish it and the rest of the car to match.

No more cracked front spoiler for me! Thanks mate! :D

2003(53) 9-3 Aero 2.0T
2002(51) 9-3 Vert auto 2.3 Stg5
2013(63) VW T5

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:55 pm 
Light Pressure Turbo

Car Model: Saab 9-5 Aero
Had new tyres fitted today. Was only going to be the fronts but the rears were pretty close to the limit too so did all 4. Didn't have stock of the Michelin Primacy 3s that I have had the last couple of times and found excellent, or the new Primacy 4s so went for the CrossClimate+ Will report back when done a few miles

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 7:46 pm 
Shotgun

Car Model: 95 Aero Auto Est Stg 1 Noobed
Booked mine in for MOT next Weds. I'll have a check over things this weekend, but I'm pretty sure I'll still get an advisory for an oil leak, much the same as previous years. :lol:

den bara markerar sitt territorium

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 7:49 pm 
UKS Addict

Car Model: og93 RWD trackcar
New Bosch wiper blades, ready for its MOT on Monday.

Mini cooper S 240Bhp

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:00 pm 
Full Pressure Turbo

TwyRob wrote:
Ade fitted a new front spoiler on my Aero today. He painted a fibreglass repro item from Poland (eBay purchase) and came round to bolt it on for me. A small fettle and it looks great! Just need to polish it and the rest of the car to match.

That's what mates are for :) anytime, when I'm back to full strength we can do an engine rebuild and an underseal on the vert ;) well, maybe just the underseal :D

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:01 pm 
Full Pressure Turbo

calam1ty wrote:
TwyRob wrote:

That's what mates are for :) anytime, when I'm back to full strength we can do an engine rebuild and an underseal on the vert ;) well, maybe just the underseal :D

Guinness was a very nice touch btw

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 114  Next